Monday, April 12, 2010

New week, new challenge...


Terms of the Heart 2 Heart challenge...
This is a 1/2/3 challenge. Here are the requirements:

*Use 1 stamped image (not 1 set, but 1 image)
*Use 2 different patterned papers
*Use 3 embellishments - these can be 3 of the same thing or 3 different things



I wanted to make a simple card that could be used as a sympathy card.  I decided to pull the purple from the bella paper and highlight it with this stamp.  It is actually stamped on the paper, stamped on a separate paper and popped up so there is more dimension than you see.  I used ribbon as a feminine touch and then used bigger brads fed through button holes in the bottom right corner.  I wish I had some pansy purple accessories that I could use in that corner, but alas, that color somehow as eluded my collection,  so I chose to blend rather than highlight.  I've included a couple of close ups and a picture of the inside. (Sorry the inside is a little blurry.)




Card size:  8" x 3 1/2:, Originals pattern: Puzzle Backdrop (p 91)
Products all CTMH (unless otherwise noted):  Paper: Colonial White CS, Pansy Purple CS, Bella B/T;  Stamps:  Treasure Life (d1306), TLC (c1364) Verve plain jane (inside); Ink: Petal, Pansy Purple, Cocoa, Colonial White ; Accessories: summer buttons, Chocolate bigger brads, Olive organdy ribbon: Other; Sewing Machine, pop dots, bone folder for scoring lines, Ek success edge punch.

12 comments:

Katy said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!! lOVE the button/brads! Thanks for joining in on this week's FUN!!!

Jessica said...

Such an elegant card. Very pretty.

Mary said...

This is absolutely lovely!! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart challenges!

The Closet Crafter said...

This is such a lovely card and I absolutely love your ribbon treatment!

Lorrinda said...

Sweet card! I like the popped up image.

Twyla Norris said...

Very pretty card...sometimes it is the simple cards that are the nicest!

Unknown said...

This is great . . . especially with the Kermit accompaniment. Have a wonderful day!

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely card and you put so much thought and softness into it. Like the popped up look of the flowers, too!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card! I love everything about it especially the flower stamp. that set has been one of my all-time favs. thanks for playing this week.

Kristine said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant card. I love these colors!

Nalazoo said...

Very pretty. This would certainly mean a lot to someone getting it. It's made with love, from the heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails