Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4 Artiste: Card Holder


Better late than never, right?  Today ended up being a little busier than I planned, but I still wanted to post my cute little project using our awesome Artiste Cartridge.  This project features a "magazine holder" that hold 5-6 cards and envelopes.  I made the card from the beautiful CTMH Avonlea Card Workshop on the Go.  The kit makes 15 cards so you can actually gift either 2 sets of 6 cards (and keep one of each for yourself) or 3 sets of 5.  I love giving set of cards, especially monogrammed, to teachers as little gifts throughout the year.  I don't know about you, but the teachers my kids have love to write little notes to their kids.  If I can give them something personal and special that I made, it makes me feel great about what I am giving.  My sister who was a teacher always told me the best thing to give teachers is something consumable.  Cards are a perfect gift in so many ways, and this card holder it the perfect way to give it! 
The card holder is actually 2 pieces  the outside wraps around a half box sort of shape.  I then wrapped some of the left over paper from the Avonlea card WOTG around the base for some added decor.  The doily shape was also cut from the scaps of paper at 3.25".  I fed the ribbon through the center hole and made 3 flowers from the Artiste cartridge, Avonlea Off-white @ 2.75" (a paper pack specific color only available in the paper pack), and 2 Smokey plum flowers at 1.75".  The flowers are so easy to make after they are cut, just grab the small end with some tweezers and start wrapping the flower around until you get to the end.  





One of the 3 different type cards you can make from the kit.  I'm sorry the pictures are a little grainy, taking them at night is probably not the best idea. Hopefully I can get tomorrows posted earlier!  

Have a great night!
Lori

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Is the card holder a Cricut cut or did you create it yourself? What a great idea!

Lori Betz said...

It is from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge! So easy!!!

Nicole said...

Cool. I gotta find me some $$ to order that one and last year's. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails