Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day

I can't believe my little boy is in Kindergarten. What an emotional day. It started out a lot differently than I thought. Nicholas has always LOVED school and I thought he would be so excited about starting Kindergarten. Well, to my surprise, he wasn't thrilled...and not because of the "normal" reasons. I went into his room to wake him and he didn't want to get up. I got all excited and talked about how great it was going to be and he told me he didn't want to go. What? Why? "because I'm not going to be teached today!" You see, the first day was only about an hour long and I went with him. He was quite upset that it wasn't going to be a "real" day of school...what a funny boy! So the first two weeks of school here the Kindergartener's only go one full day each week to allow for testing. Then they start every day on the 25th. This does not make him happy! I think once it gets going, everything will be fine for him...me on the other hand, I'm not so sure. I'm going to miss the constant hugs and kisses, the "you're the best, Mommy", the "I love you SOOO much" and the fun we have playing games and coloring. He's starting to "read" already and recognizes words. He loves for me to read to him and he loves to try to read his books to me. It will be an amazing year for all of us, but his success will be so wonderful to watch. He is so excited about school, and I'm excited for him. Here's to a wonderful year...where-ever we end up!
Little Man, Big School!
Nicholas
Love at first sight!
Nicholas
My Big Boy!
Nicholas


For the girls, it was a little of a rough start. The bus arrived 10 minutes early! Fortunately, it goes through our neighborhood and back out, so they got it on the way out! They reported that they LOVED their teachers (even though Bethany really wanted Mr. Holt, she's glad she didn't get him because he already gave out homework...yeah for her!) Ashley already proved how smart she is by knowing all her dulch words. I met her teacher last night and she already fell in love with Ashley.
all kids Hopefully, it'll be good for a while!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, first day of school already?? Scary! We have another week and a half here.

Nicholas's story reminds me of one of my little sisters who came home from Kindergarten sobbing the first day. When my mom asked her why she said "they didn't teach me to READ!" And now she has a PhD from Harvard, so he may be headed for great things!!

I'm so sorry about your sweet doggie. He's just adorable.

Momma, Momma, Momma!!! said...

Love, love, love the photos! Thanks for sharing ~ I can't believe how fast they have grown! Nicholas cracks me up. . .that story is priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails