Thursday, September 25, 2008

my bible study group

Well, I am very pleased with the way this topic was discussed with this group of ladies. It makes me especially sad that I won't be able to complete this whole bible study with them because I think they are a wonderful group of people. Our topics discussed yesterday were tender, sensitive and very meaningful to me and I had to look away several times because tears were constantly creeping into our conversations. I felt like the speaker at the end was talking directly to me. She asked everyone to pray for those whose relationships were in turmoil, asking everyone to pray for the soldiers and their families that while they are deployed, there are no temptations from Satan and for the ones who have returned home, that they may find peace and strength through God. If only...

I was talking to my friend the last couple of days and she mentioned that our battalion is going to be offering a Financial Peace program again (Dave Ramsey). David and I took it a few years ago and it helped us tremendously with our financial situation, we actually got on the same page for a while. My friend said they were talking about how it would be nice if after the guys left a woman with whom it's worked, could lead a group of wives in the lessons. Although we are still working on it (or were), I think it would have been a great opportunity to help the families...it would have given them something to talk about since conversations are usually only about family and life here because they can't really share what's going on over there. Speaking of things to talk about while one's spouse is deployed, I have another friend who decided that because their conversations generally only revolved around their son, they were going to do an online bible study for couples. I wish I had had that forethought...it is a wonderful suggestion and I'm going to be sure to tell all my friends whose husbands are leaving to try to do something like this. It asks questions about your thoughts in your life that can deflect from the current situation, help you learn more about your spouse and provide a safe subject to discuss together. In fact, if any of you who read this blog know someone in the military and what to share with them the website (or you are part of the military family), please let them know because it contains a large variety of subjects and wonderful bible studies to do together. Because it is online, both of them can access it...the website is

http://www.christianitytoday.com/biblestudies or www.christianbiblestudies.com

We have 4 days left. It has been a tough week. We are all a little edgy and I just keep praying for strength, courage, and peace, for understanding, guidance and love...please keep us all in your prayers...Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about your difficulties, Lori. I am praying for you....

In Christ,
Patricia

{Syrophenician Woman}

Momma, Momma, Momma!!! said...

First, God has a plan and "we" can mess it up. Second, when "we" mess it up God will adjust His plan and instantly make your new circumstances His will. You can be sure that He will not only be with you during this time, but He will be carrying you! I am sure that you will look back and see His fingerprints all over this time in your life. You have handled this time with such grace and done exactly as you should during a time of trial ~ you called on Him! He will continue to guide you and your future. So, not only will I pray for this week, but also your discernment and ability to hear Him. We love you and will be "holding you up" this week.

Paige Tyler said...

waiting to hear from you. feeling left out in the cold over here=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails