Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 Artiste: Vintage Birthday

As I said yesterday, it was my Dad's birthday.  So I decided to make a special card for him using the "S" key on the Artiste Cartridge.  This is a fun key because it features 9 different "swing" cards, an envelope and a box to contain cards (like monogrammed cards you give as a gift! You will see another version in the next few days!)  When you open the card, the panel swings to complete the front of the card. 
 To make a standard A2 card (4.25"x5.5") you will cut this at 5.5".  Again the beautiful feature of our cartridges is that they coordinate with each other!  The shape the car is stamped on comes from our Art Philosophy cartridge (bottom row, 6th key (with stocking on it) cut at 2.75" and 2.5" and fits perfectly into that swing part.  The stars (2nd row, last key <shift> at 1", 1.5" 1.75") were also cut from the AP cartridge!

The materials used (all CTMH products unless otherwise stated):
Paper:  Crusin' paper pack (retired), grey flannel cs (retired); Ink: Cranberry, twilight, black; Stamps: WOTG Cruisin' stamp set (retired), Card Chatter-Birthday
Accessories: Sparkles: Black and Grey assortment, Sparkles: Red, Pink and Purple assortment;
 Cricut: Artiste, Art Philosophy

I submitted this for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week: stamp rolling (the signs)! 

Have a great day!
Lori

5 comments:

Adeline E. Brill said...

I reaaly like this but my question is how do you cut the first panel to match the opening - I am baffled!

Lori Betz said...

Thank you very much! I cut the shape at 3" from the white and used temp adhesive to figure out exactly the place to cut on the panel. Then I cut around it with my xacto knife. (I was trying to figure out what size the opening was and started at 3", then I just cut from that same shape the 2.5 inch white panel using the center point feature. I am a paper-hoarder...I admit, so I didn't want to "waste" the cut and now I have a cute frame for a later project. Clear as mud?

Kim said...

Great card!

glorygirl said...

What a fun card! Love how interactive it is and how it looks like a scene you could step right into! GREAT JOB!

Unknown said...

This is such a gorgeous card...thanks for playing along with us this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails